Sunday, March 6, 2016

Park and Ride: Where to Park

"Where to park when catching a Palm Tran bus" by v. johns, 3/6/16, 8:34 PM


In a letter that I had written, to Horizon 2060, I mentioned about Palm Tran improving and updating it's park-and-ride system. I'm not sure if I was aware at that particular time that parking in shopping plazas is considered public parking, but with that in mind, to a certain degree, hey... problem solved.

Furthermore, even though I do spend money in Palm Beach county, it's not for me to say how the residential taxpayers of this county should spend their money. I merely have suggestions from mental notes that I have taken from the perspective of an end user. 

My biggest concern in using areas where nothing is marked for bus ridership is being towed away. I suppose that as long as there are no tow away zone signs where you are parked, you are okay. But what is to stop a shop owner or property manager from having your car removed for whatever reason?

And I think that for people who are willing to "go half" when they can truly drive all the way, some clarification or information should be in order. Thank you for reading about my concerns.

No comments: