Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Riviera Beach Marina

"Riviera Beach Marina" by v. johns, 6/4/14, 6:43 PM 


Here’s an e-mail message I sent, just recently, to the City of Riviera Beach’s parks and recreation department: 

[Dear Sir or Madam:]

I've worked in Riviera Beach, from time to time, and I've used it as a recreational refuge from… Jupiter, Hobe Sound and Indiantown. There's always something new popping up over there. From the newly renovated Ocean Mall to Winn Dixie to Publix to that entire stretch of blocks near the new Family Dollar, it's abundantly clear that you are a city on the move. You guys have a good thing going on down there. Be proud.

Congratulations on establishing Phase 1 of the marina project, as well. Moving forward, I hope you'll further develop the city in a way that doesn't pave over its original laid back character and charm. Hopefully, by the time you guys revitalize everything, you'll still be able to drive through, on U.S. 1 or Blue Heron Boulevard, and recognize iconic shops and long-established neighborhoods that make the city what it is. 

I've sent you an edited version of a photo that I took (See: attachment) on a day in which there were no assignments available where I work. I hope you'll deem this or any other photo I send you as good enough to use in any of your promotions of the City of Riviera Beach. Keep up the great work! 

sincerely,

a friend of the City,

V. Johns

https://www.flickr.com/photos/90169042@N05/

http://www.lostparadisejournal.blogspot.com/

No comments: